Dee-Shapland N

The Dee Shapland Dental Surgery was established in 1942 by Arden Dee Shapland who was a well respected dental surgeon and one of the first Dentists in Exeter to take referrals for orthodontic treatment. In 1959 Arden was joined by Michael Dee Shapland - his son, who was highly regarded by contemporaries for not only his high standards of dentistry but his commitment to the dental profession. Both Arden and Michael were strong believers in providing 'family dentistry' with a caring ethos. In 1983, the third generation of Dee Shapland Dentists - Nick, joined the practice and continued this belief that patients should be treated as individuals with different needs.

The practice was relocated in Topsham Road in the 1950's and the new extension was built in 1995 with the practice continuing to modernise with the completion of a decontamination room in 2011.